Friday, April 04, 2008

Rose and I went down to the lake house Wednesday and felt like we were in a different house when we got into the downstairs. It is absolutely stunning. Doug did most of the designing and he did a marvelous job. It's opened up now so whoever is cooking or working in the kitchen can see the deck or the lake and talk to anyone sitting at the table. There's more cabinet space than before and that ugly shelf at the end of the eating area is gone and is replaced by attractive cabinets and shelves. Thanks to Doug, Goldman, Scott, and Maddog. Ray helped out one of the weekends before. Maddog was still there on Wednesday touching up some of his painting. He did a meticulous job. I don't know what I did over the years to earn their love, help, and plain old work but I'm glad I did it. Using their vacations and spring breaks to do carpentry work wasn't something they would have dreamed of as teenagers. I knew most of them then, too. Thank you all again. Thanks, Suzanne, for the use of your husband.

Rose and I met Joe for lunch Wednesday at Denny's at the lake on Wednesday before we went to see the house. He never brags about his kids so I'm going to brag about my niece and grand niece. Lisa is now a teacher in the International Baccalaureate program. Joe and I both had to let spell check help us with the spelling. Joe thinks that after 16 years at Central High Lisa needs a challenge. Lydia, his grand daughter, is a student in the program. She is also going to get the highest Girl Scout award possible sometime in May. Pete, did he have your credit card? We went bto the ladies room when the check came.

We've got lots of pictures of the new kitchen at the lake house and will post them as soon as Rose has time. She has been busy. She is teaching a class on line again and is using the webcam so we can see the other students. One is in Mexico City. I may not be star student this time.

The forsythia are blooming and some of the daffodils are blooming. The trees out front are starting to bud so maybe Spring is coming after all. We loved the Kansas update. Keep us posted.

No comments: