Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rose did the last post for me and got some of the days mixed up but she tried and types a lot faster than I do. The ants at our house crawl faster than I can type. I came back from the lake on about the 18th with Margaret and Norman and Rose picked me up at their house. We had to share Sandi for a few days with the Larimores. Rose and I then went over half way to Louisville to pick up Jalen and Brayden. The boys and I then went down to the lake with Doug, Suzanne, Josie, and Lukas.

Some of our Kansas relatives met us there. John, Jana, and Ellie arrived soon after we did and 'a good time was had by all'. They got sorta acquainted with Doug and Suzanne and found they had several things in common. Doug caught a 'mess' of crappie while John rode the waverunner. We're going to have a fish fry on Fourth of July Weekend. The kids swam and played Jalen rode with John til he was tired of riding. The two little boys stayed up later than the men next door who had a guys weekend.

Most of the other crowd had their annual float trip and wiffle ball tournament. Doug and Suzanne were sure they had a better weekend with a comfortable bed and a bathroom. The others wouldn't admit it. Scott first told me there had been no wiffle ball tournament but I found out later that he just didn't want to tell me he had lost.

Goldman took the boys to meet Scott yesterday evening. Sandi left for Portland last night. It is sure quiet around here. When I talked to Scott later and bragged about how good they had been while they were here he said they weren't being so good since they got home. Maybe we were too permissive????

We've got lots of pictures if people will post them.

No comments: