Monday, June 30, 2008

Sandi sent this lovely e-mail to Sue. We thought we would share it:

From: safelli@hotmail.com
To: marthaboaz@aol.com
Sent: 6/29/2008 1:44:56 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: RE: Hello


Hi Aunt Sue!!

I am just getting awakened from my graveyard stupor and trying to catch up on everything. (I got off yesterday morning) I got home about midnight our time on Tuesday and then worked the next three nights TRYING to sell power. There are so many fires in California that the transmission lines are down everywhere and it's hot down there so they need power from us. Re-routing power through Idaho>Nevada>California over-loaded the lines there so we were getting "loop flow" back across the lines into the northwest causing other issues and making sales that direction impossible. Very stressful and very busy! In the meantime, the water up here is running high so we are having to spill it over the dams instead of generating so we are losing money. Other generators in the NW were calling to offer to pay me $50/MW to take power in! Crazy! (Sigh!) Anyway, I'm off today and can relax at home a bit. (What did the fish say when it ran into the concrete wall? "Dam!" That's how I felt this last week at work!)

We have hot weather here - up to 100 degrees. I had to put my window air conditioner in yesterday because it was 82 degrees in the house downstairs and probably 10 degrees higher upstairs! I hope you are at the lake enjoying the wonderful weather there and staying cool.

What did the doctor say after your appointment on Wednesday? Are you feeling better? No lyme disease, I hope! Yesterday was Dad's birthday and Tammy was out working in her yard. She said that she was putting up lattice and instead of strapping it together as most anyone else would, she was reinforcing it with screws to make it hold for the next century - in honor of Dad. Cute, huh? I regret not talking to Mom yesterday so I'm hoping some of my siblings did. I hope it wasn't a hard day for her. Today is tougher for me since I was half asleep all day yesterday! Dad would have been 80! I miss him.

My garden is taking off and so are the weeds. I have a busy day today so it will have to wait until tomorrow to get all the weeding done. I also need to talk to Doug about getting some stain for my fence and re-staining the deck. I came home to Carpenter Ants and had to have the exterminator come on Wednesday. Goodness - there are so many responsibilities when you are housekeeping!

I had such a nice time seeing you all. It was nice to hang out with you and spend some real time getting to see everyone. Thanks again for your hospitality and or entertaining me! I had a very nice time. Next year - I will recruit others to come. We may do Aunt Camp in Missouri!

Enjoy your day and say hello to everyone for me. I will try to post pics and an update to the blog soon!
Love you,
Sandi

No comments: