Monday, February 09, 2009

I'm up early again and the paper isn't here yet. Rose had to go to Chicago yesterday and will be back tomorrow. Goldman and I went by Doug and Suzanne's for a while yesterday afternoon. He and Mary Myers and I had a great time at dinner Friday evening before the play. She's read so many nice things about him on this blog and could see they are all true. She 'fell in love' but has to get in a long line of us old ladies who are also 'in love' with him. We often wonder if he's as good to his mother as he is to us.

Brother Joe is coming to town today for a railway club meeting and I'm hoping he will stop by. He says he's already promised to have dinner with one of his buddies and can't spend the night but I think he'll get here early enough to visit a bit. Pete called Saturday morning with his weekly update. He's not sure when they're going to head back to Idaho Falls but says Quartzite is beginning to clear out. I'm sure he and Janet miss the kids and grandkids. We sure miss Brayden and Jalen.

Brayden will be six on Thursday. He was supposed to email me a note telling what he wanted but hasn't done it yet so we sent Scott some more money and let him make the choice. He's not very talkative on the phone and Jalen didn't talk at all this weekend.

Chris and Shelly and I went out to dinner last night. Shirley was still busy preparing for today. Chris has had a flu bug for the past several but seemed on the mend yesterday. I'm going in for the angiogram Wednesday. Rose is taking me. I have to be there at 12:30. Margaret and Norm are coming over then because Rose has to leave. Then Chris is coming over so I'll have people with me when the doctor finds out if he can fix the blockage then and there or if he has to stop and I have to have more tests before he can fix it. One test I remember his saying was a stress test. I'm also not sure if I'll be awake for this procedure or not. Rose was with me when the doctor talked to me and she's not sure about these things either so I don't feel so stupid. Everyone please pray it's good news.

I'm hoping to be strolling through the French Quarter toward the end of the month. We went ahead and made our plans for our annual spring trip. We've decided to drive and make it a 2 day trip down there stopping somewhere along the way. Highlights of our trip will be playing cards with Loretta, Shirley's sister and getting to see Savannah, Shirley's great niece. Suzanne is getting us a doll to take to her. Shirley says she loves dolls.

Shirley's up and went out and got me the paper so it's time for the morning to begin. What I've forgotten to put in -and what I believe is really helping me- is Yoga. I've been practicing my yoga daily and both Rose and Shirley who see and observe me daily think so too. I have this instructor, Vicki Lander, who comes once a week and gives me different exercises to do -besides she's fun to be with- and I've been faithful about doing my ritual. My healing touch person whom I see once a week has also given me some new hope. She's just gone through some hard times herself so I keep her in my prayers.

No comments: