Monday, March 29, 2010

First, I just want to say I'm not a Facebook fan. Brayden, my grandson who's seven years old, knows more about it than I do. He was with us this weekend and gave me some lessons but I still have a lot to learn about it. My Email address is marthaboaz@aol.com and my phone number is 314-452-3685. I'm working on learning Facebook and Brayden was very helpful.

It's a lovely day here and supposed to get better as the week progresses. The temperature is going to be eighty on Wednesday and pretty nice through the weekend. I'm eager to get down to see the young mens' accomplishments at the lake house this past weekend but haven't heard that anyone wants to go since it's Easter Sunday. My old friend Liz that I worked with at GMAC is coming in from Chicago but only for the two days and of course wants to see Dave and the boys. She and I had a long talk last night. GMAC is no longer a very great place to work. I went to work for them in about 1963 in Spokane, WA and transferred to St. Louis the following year. There werre two branches in St. Louis then. Liz had to move to Chicago to keep her job! She's a great employee, too!

I had a great email from Margaret Ann and she said her party was a huge success. She and Norm are looking very forward to getting back to their own home. Catrina and Robbie are so good to them but they do get homesick and it's garden time.

We had Brayden this weekend while Scott was at work weekend at the lake. You all have never seen three nuttier old ladies. We didn't get Jalen and sorely missed him. On Saturday, he was going over to play with the Hollensbe kids. We were going to Steak and Shake first and he told Aunt Rose and me to just pick him up when we were through. We ended up having lunch at home. We got there a little early and they weren't home! He was very forlorn. We asked if he would like to go by the house where Dad grew up. He said "No, I've been there." Rose then asked if he wanted to go by Dad's old school. "No, I've seen that too." Sadly he asked me "Has this ever happened before?" About that time they pulled up. We were actually early and they had gone to get lunch. He was, at that point, elated.

He got Aunt Rose to play catch with him out in the street. It's a wonder she didn't draw a crowd. If she'd miss the ball, he would chase it for her. He brought her a glove to use but she kept insisting it had a hole in it. He also had a ball that wasn't a real ball and he and I played catch for a long time. I wasn't very good but it's good exercise. He and Aunt Rose played catch back and forth 100 times without missing. It might have been a lot more. I lost track. He did the treadmill while I rode the exercycle both days. He and I slept on the third floor and he woke me up to tell me I was snoring. He is a natural comic and has such a delightful personality. He knows two jokes but Rose and me need to hear them again to catch them. He's so serious when he's telling them to us. He did bring a 'hard' book and read to us one night. He can read really well.

We watched 'Karate Kid' with him one night. It had been years since I'd seen it but Rose and Shirley were more up to date on it. Turns out it's one of Scott's favorite movies, too. Brayden sat on the sofa between Shirley and Rose and would lean on one and then the other. They would watch the movie a while and then watch Brayden for a while. That's what I did, too. I'll have to watch "Karate Kid" sometime when he's not around.

Supper is almost ready. I'm not sure what's on TV tonight. I've been really liking these old movies.

No comments: