Thursday, March 04, 2010

I haven't heard from the Abbotts yet today but it's still early so I hope Margaret Ann is still sleeping this morning. I don't know what her plans are for today but I'm sure she'll want to be at the hospital during the surgery tomorrow so I hope she stays home today and gets rested as best she can. Their kids all are workers but have managed so far with helping Margaret and staying with Norm a lot at the hospital. I'll update when I hear from the Abbotts.


When I got Pete's call on Saturday he was all set to head for Quartzsite. He and Nancy were leaving on Tuesday and I'm not sure when he said they were returning. They had a lot of chores to accomplish down there so it really wasn't going to be a pleasure trip though Pete can always make any trip a pleasure trip. I wish I were with them.


Ding went with me to Melba's visitation on Monday night. By the was, that baby is her grandson - not her great grandson. He kept asking which one was Melba's sister. She had two sisters and first I pointed out the wrong sister. He found the right sister (Linda) and they reminisced about one time she and Melba and I'm not sure who else stopped by the lake house and Ding and Brother Joe were there. Brother Joe and Linda both knew each because they worked for the Railroad. Ding entertained all of them royally. Luckily Uncle Joe was there or as he said he might have been having a party.


Rose went to the funeral with me on Tuesday. It was very crowded. The service but Rose and I were sitting there and I heard someone say "Move over, Momma. " Ding had arrived.

No comments: