Thursday, March 04, 2010

I was just typing away and lost a lot of it somehow. Rose thinks it's the computer but she gives me more credit than is due me. I probably just did the wrong thing and it's taking me a long time to find out I can't get back my lost work. I'll retrieve what I can remember. At Melba's visitation I saw people I hadn't seen in many years. I saw some who knew me but I wasn't sure who they were. After the visitation on Monday Ding and I went out to dinner. We usually go out on Thursday nights but since he and Mark Lary are going to be in Idaho tonight, we went on Tuesday. Goldman and I are going tonight.
I have talked to Margaret since my earlier update. She's staying home today and Robbie is staying with her. I'm not sure who stayed with her last night. They all encourage her to come to their houses but she's much more content and happier just being at home. She's fretting about who will take care of them when Norm gets home and he's probably worrying about her but things always work out. They have a good bunch of kids.
I meant to say earlier that when Ding whispered "Move over, Momma" and then eased into the pew, he whispered in my ear "Was I suspect to genuflect?" It was a Lutheran service in the funeral home so I whispered back "You're okay."
Scott called yesterday and wanted to know if I'm coming over on the 12th. I don't think so. Rose and Shirley have to go to Chicago so I'll probably with Doug and Suzanne and the kids.
Shirley has her other cataract surgery on Monday. She's been 'down in her back' (isn't that Turnbo talk?) and got up early this morning and went to have a treatment with her chiropractor. She felt better right away but has to go back Saturday. Mary Myers is back in the hospital. She was supposed to get out yesterday but had a sort of relapse and they kept her. As Brother Joe says, she's the one who always having the troubles with her health, isn't she. That's Mary. Goldman may run me out to see her this evening when we go to dinner. She's in St. Lukes.
I'm going to try to post without losing this. I'll try to keep you updated on Margaret and Norm, that is if things quit happening out there so quickly. Norm's surgery is tomorrow and Margaret wasn't sure what time when I last talked to her.
I signed with Facebook but am still much better at email. I'm trying to type and make my fingers work but so far not having much luck. Still using my upside pencil mostly. It's easier. As the hand therapist says, use them or they will get stuck that way. I'm trying.

No comments: