Saturday, March 06, 2010

Rose is working on an update that's she worked on today at her Apple lesson and hasn't quite got it posted but I know she will. She's on the sofa with her computer. Shirley's at the kitchen table with hers and I'm here at my desk with mine. Computers are a modern miracle, aren't they? Cell phones rank up there, too.

Pete called this morning with his regular Saturday call. He and Nancy were in Quartzsite and had just had a big yard sale. He says Nancy is a whiz at organizing things and packing up what they're taking home and, in general, just working hard. In spite of their hard work, it sounded like they were also having a really fun time. Nancy did say her dad could embarass her at different times and places. Pete always asks about Goldman and Mad Dog. Ding and Mark Lary and Kelly are in Stanley, ID. They had called Pete yesterday to tell him what a good time they're having and were dreading coming home and back to work.

Norm came through his surgery just fine though he was in pain when he was trying to sleep last night and today. Margaret told me he will probably get to come home tomorrow. Sabrina spent the night with her last night and I believe Randy and Lynn took her to see Norm today. Robbie is currently laid off so both Margaret and Norm may stay with them for a while. I don't know if Norm will have therapy or if Margaret's therapist will go out there.

Joe and I had talked for a short while on line before I started typing this. He had been to Plattsburg to visit with Donald and Vita and their families today. Two of the grandchildren had birthdays. Joe and I didn't visit long before Mary had supper ready so maybe he'll have more news from Donald and family when we visit again.

My friend Mary Myers got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon. She said she went to bed at 5 PM and slept the night through when she was back in her own bed. The weather here today was beautiful. Rose worked in the backyard a lot while I just sat and watched her. I truly would have loved to have helped her. With my therapy and extreme effort, I'm going to be able to do more. That's my ambition!!!

No comments: