Sunday, March 21, 2010

We just wanted to relieve everyone's minds about Norman. He is much improved this evening. Margaret says he has charmed the nurses and when she left, after a long day for her, she thought one of the nurses might be going to kiss him goodnight. Margaret's cell phone number is 636-577-1809. Her email address is margaretabbott@aol.com. Catrina went to the first hospital with Norm in the middle of the night and then went to DePaul with him (by ambulance) and just headed home a short while ago.
Rose and I didn't stay long because Beth was coming to lunch. It seemed to me he just wanted to get some rest anyway. He responded when the nurse came in the room to talk with him and ask him anything. He and Margaret are staying with Robbie and Catrina which helps with household chores and any other tasks that arise. Stef and Dan are also close by. I'm sure they'll both be really glad to be less dependent. I love catching Margaret on line or when I call her or she calls me.
Norman will probably get out of the hospital tomorrow and they can probably go back to their normal routine, whatever that is, this week. I think Margaret has a doctor's checkup on her ankle one day this week. She cannot put any weight on it right now and is not doing her physical therapy until the o.k.'s more sessions. I don't think Norm has gotten his instructions for after his release from the hospital.
The weather is supposed to stay nice soon. Spring is here.
Rose and I went shopping and bought bunkbeds for the downstairs bedroom (aka the dungeon) at the lake house. Doug will pick them up tomorrow and take them to the lake later this week. This means we will have two more beds to sleep in. Everyone knows I love company and I expect lots of it this summer. Beth stopped in today on her way home from Louisville to Kansas City. If she does or if she doesn't teach summer school, we plan on spending a lot of time at the lake. this summer and Spring, too, for anyone who can make it.
We will keep the blog updated on happenings in Missouri. I will need help the next couple days because Goldman and I will be at the lake. Mad Dog is also joining us.

No comments: