Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Tuesday morning and it's supposed to be another beautiful day in Missouri. The fellows were working on the kitchen yesterday and it was so warm that we turned on the air conditioner. Typical Missouri Spring day! It's supposed to be cooler toward the end of the week but you just never know about whether the forecast is right or wrong in the Sho-Me State.
The fellows are working on the countertops in the kitchen. Chuck McDonough and his crew came and removed the old one yesterday and picked up the new stove to be installed today. There's already been an oven and a microwave installed, and Rose and Shirley can use it but, without countertops, the kitchen isn't usable so we had to eat out last night. I had crab cakes - one of my favorite meals. Rose and Shirley both had fish so, needless to say, we ate at a seafood restaurant. Goldman and I are going out tonight. I'm not sure what Rose and Shirley will do if the counter tops aren't usable. Chuck is one of the tallest guys I've ever met and makes me feel like I should be still growing - even at my age!
I had hand and physical therapy yesterday. Shelly came by and had lunch and then dropped me off for my treatments and then Shirley picked me up. The physical therapy was hard work, and my left leg hurts almost always from the exertion. The stent to improve my circulation is now scheduled for April 29. It may be an angioplasty. I just have to wait and see. The vascular surgeeon wants to do the right leg first, but the left hurts most.
I have an appointment with Dr. Hogan this morning. He's the cute neurologist born in same hospital as me. This is for just a checkup. Then Rose and I are going to thr Apple store.
Scott stopped on his way home from K.C. Sunday to visit a little while. Brayden was Student of the Month last month at his school. This is a scholastic award. He's a great reader and also mathmatical scholar too. He's usually shy about attention but I don't know about this.

No comments: