Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm in Louisville today. I flew over Thursday and my flight was over 4 hours late. Goldman too me to the airport and wouldn't leave until I was ready to board. It made a short night of rest for Scott. Brayden had a game scheduled for yesterday afternoon but it got rained out. We went to the batting cages yesterday morning. On the way home Scott told him that he and I were going to sit in lawn chairs in the outfield so we could see better and asked him if that was okay. He replied "But Dad, what if I have to talk to you about something? '

After Pete left Missouri, some of his family went right away to Spokane for Caitlin's graduation from Gonzaga. I think he drove up with Kelly. Caitlin is staying up there and only has two more classes to get her minor's. They did see Maudie and some of the boys are taking her with the camper over to the wedding. Some proud parents and grandparents, I'm sure!

Rose and Shirley drove up to Chicago Friday and are coming back today, I think. They ran into a lot of road construction on the drive so it took them quite longer than it usually does. Mad Dog is coming to Louisville this evening and we'll go home Wednesday. Scott is in the process of making breakfast {biscuits and gravy}. Brayden has another game scheduled for this afternoon but the forecast isn't promising. Jalen went on a field trip to Cincinnati and then spent the night with a friend so I've not got to see him very much.

Brayden's class had a field trip to the Louisville zoo this week. Aunt Shelly, he says the St. Louis zoo is much better and he told some of his friends and Ms. Gibson that he'd been there.

When we were at the lake last time, Brayden lost a tooth. He got up next morning and came out with a $10.00 bill. I asked where did he get that. He said "Either you or Dad." I said I thought it was probably the Tooth Fairy. He said he knew there was no tooth fairy because he 'googled' it.

Breakfast is ready.

1 comment:

Jana and John Moore said...

Tell Brayden that John and I laughed about him googling the tooth fairy for at least a good hour tonight!