Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm up early this morning all set for the weekend. Everyone coming to the lake have to work today and are also all set for the weekend. The weather is supposed to be summertime-like, finally. I'm sure the kids will be wanting to go to the pool, in the lake, in the boat or on the wave runner. We call the downstairs bedroom the "dungeon," AKA the video game room, and they spend their time in there after dark.

I talked to Joe on line after the big tornado in Joplin. Mar'Ellen has some employees from the company she works for who work in Joplin and, though none of them were hurt, one lost everything. We had some storms here one afternoon and went to the basement, but they blew over, When I talked (on line) to Brother Joe, I tried to get him and some of his family to come up to the lake house for at least part of the weekend but, I believe much to his surprise, some or maybe all of them were going to make the 'cemetery run'.

After June 9 (I thought it was the 6th), I plan on being at the lake pretty much all the time this summer, and I love having company. Jana and John and the girls are coming June 19 through the 23rd. Ding and I went to supper last night because he and Shelly can't come this weekend, and we hadn't had our weekly outing lately. I talked to Margaret yesterday. She and Norm (and she wasn't sure else was coming) are spending the weekend 'down to the valley'.

Pete's weekly call last week brought information about Janet's cataracts. She was having the second done Wednesday (day before yesterday). When I'm at the lake with whomever, first they ask on Saturday morning "Has Uncle Pete called?"

Shirley and Rose have a big trip planned. In late July they are going for a week to Sedona, AZ, a place long on Shirley's "bucket list." Shirley has friends who are giving them a week's timeshare, and both Shirley and Rose have airline ticket vouchers. It will be hot in late July, but both are excited for the opportunity.

No comments: