Wednesday, December 07, 2011

It looks cold outside this morning. Pete said it was 14 in Idaho last Saturday, and it is only 31 here this morning. That's cold. Cameron is supposed to be here around noon, and we'll load up and head for the lake.

Bob Pfeiffer died on Sunday and the funeral is today in St. Clair followed by a luncheon and Brother Joe is going to attend. Depending on our schedules and connections, he may stop by the lake house. Cameron says he's a pretty good cook. We'll see, maybe even this evening.

..........I took a break from my typing to shower and finish packing and meanwhile Cameron called to firm up our time. I'll be ready when he gets here. Rose has a two hour client this morning and she'll be finished by the time he gets here so she and I can have lunch. Shirley has gone grocery shopping at Whole Foods and will probably be back before Cameron and I leave. We'll may miss connecting with Joe but Springfield's not too far away from the lake.

We're beginning to get into the Christmas Spirit here at Barnard College Lane. Rose and I have at least (or most, should I say) made a list though we don't have the tree up yet. The doorbell just rang and it is another delivery for Shirley. She shops a lot on line. I believe Mark Lary and Karen are sailing in the South Pacific but I'm not exactly sure where they are. They just better bring my great granddaughter to our Christmas get together. I haven't seen her yet - only pictures.

I wanted to relate an incident that happened at the Oakland house. Groves, Goldman and Mad Dog are living there now. The sprayer on the kitchen sink has never worked, even when Den and I lived there. One evening Mad Dog decided he would fix it. Pretty soon they had no water in the kitchen at all. The three of them fooled with it for a while and decided to call Doug for advice. Doug exclaimed "Don't touch another thing! I'll be right over." Within a few minutes Doug was there and had it fixed.

No comments: