Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

As you can see by the pictures, we've been spending some time watching the humming birds and sitting in the garden. As of now, we can still count the birds but hope they will soon be here in droves. I had a wonderful Mother's Day with lots of attention and phone calls. Scott is tired of getting me flowers for almost every occasion so he's going to give me the works this year. Beth will stay over a week day some time when she's at the lake for the weekend, and we'll find a place at Lake Ozark for the 'works'. I might get spoiled. Then on Mother's Day evening, I got flowers too! Chris arrived with a pot of geraniums for the lake house. He brought them here, and then he and Shelly took me and her mother and her Uncle Butch to dinner. It was a wonderful day and I had lots of calls from others besides my sons. My cataract surgeries and eye drops are finished now, but I may need glasses for some of my vision correction. I have an appointment on the 21st - after my eyes settle down. Chris doesn't wear glasses after removal of the one cataract, but Rose does. Pete and Janet called Saturday. For Mother's Day, Janet was making a German chocolate cake cause it's Merri's favorite, and both she and Kelly were coming. Nancy and her family spent the time in Panama City. Chris and Shelly vacationed in Key Largo, FL., returning late on Saturday evening.

No comments: