Tuesday, May 29, 2012

memorial day with a wonderful group

I'm here at the lake and have been since last week Wednesday. Linda left on Friday after the other group began arriving. I have already talked to Rose this morning and she and Shirley will soon be enroute from Chicago back to St. Louis. It's just me, Goldman and Mad Dog. I had 13 over the weekend so Goldman and Mad Dog got beds instead of air mattresses. They're still sleeping but get right up if I need anything. Doug took the kids on lots of boat rides and Scott took them on the wave runner. Groves had to leave Sunday but the rest of the group stayed as long as they could. Scott's kids have two more days of school and he had the farthest to drive. The girls did the shopping and the guys helped a lot. I go to bed first and, when I get up first, the kitchen is cleaned up and ready for someone to cook again. I haven't heard much from Joe. Pete and Janet called with their Saturday call. After I hear from them, I know what day of the week it is. Donald and Vita left Monday for Italy, France, and England. They'll be gone three weeks.

No comments: