Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday morning and we have lots of snow on the ground. It looked pretty until people started walking dogs, papers got started being delivered and snowplows came through. Goldman came over and shoveled for us and volunteered for any other chores we may have had. We're staying in as much as we can. We've become a bit eccentric in our old age. For Christmas we only need heating pads and hearing aids.

Pete called yesterday with his weekly checkup and report. He and Janet are off today for Christmas with their family in Idaho. He didn't mention any stops in Nevada but I believe Nevada is between Arizona and Idaho. I'll have to look at an atlas. Kelly and his boys were off somewhere in the mountains skiing.

Joe was going to go to a wrestling match Thursday night at the high school where Lydia was cheerleading because he had never seen a live wrestling match. He knows how Scott's boys are wild about wrestling and wanted to see a match but Rose and I suspected he was going to see the the cheerleaders as much as the wrestlers. Jalen wanted to know what he thought of it but something came up and he didn't get to go. Next time....

I was reading an old blog about how Joe used to tell me how he'd wake up in the night thinking no one loved him and I'd fall for it every time. Brayden is smarter than me. He called me from Louisville the other night and I said that to him and, without hesitation, he replied, "If that happens, just call me." My grandson is quick.

We don't have our tree up yet but plan to do that today and tomorrow. We were going to ask Goldman to help us but since he's Jewish we decided not to. When he and Scott were about 8 years old we invited Goldman to eat with us. Scott came in the kitchen and whispered to me "Don't pray. He's Jewish, you know." Now when we're at Scott's, Jalen makes him say the prayer.

No comments: