Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Had some nice communication with Brothers Pete and Joe. They're both claiming to be the SMITW . (For those who don't know what that stands for - Sweetest Man in the World - I told them the world may be in trouble!) Joe and some of his family had gone to Liberty to see William Jewell College win a football game and, more importantly, to see Lydia who is a student there. William Jewell's team won and the campus and town are beautiful, kinda like Plattsburg, close to Kansas City but far enough away to make it more rural than city. They connected with Donald and Vita and some family members in Plattsburg around 6:30. Lydia had prior plans and couldn't join them. Joe and family left later that evening. Donald is leaving maybe tomorrow and Vita on Saturday.
The guys had their weekend. This is the ten that were there: Ding, Scott, Goldman, Mad Dog, Dave Smith, Groves, Ray, Derrington, and Tim. Doug and Tim caught a bunch of fish that they cleaned and fried. They also cooked 15 lbs. of chicken wings along with pork tenderloin and burgers. Usually their vegetable is potatoes. They didn't mention that but I'm sure potatoes were on the menu.
I had to go see the neurologist, Dr. Lopate, recently and spent a night in the hospital for the IVIG. Now I have a new prescription for therapy. I have a hand and a physical session later on today. I walk outside some everyday now that it's cooled off. It cooled off and got cold overnight but didn't stay that way. I ride the exercycle and walk the tredmill everyday, too. Rose got me a Fitbit which shows me when I've increased my distance at least some most every day.
Pete's Saturday morning call is an awaited event. Last Saturday Joe Emailed to be sure to tell Pete he wasn't going to be home. Last night Joe Emailed and said he hadn't been able to get hold of Pete. What numbers did I have? I gave him the two I have and after a while decided to call Pete myself. He answered right away and I told him Joe hadn't been able to get hold of him. Right off he said "I know why that is." I asked, "Why's that?" Pete's answer "He hasn't tried!"

No comments: