Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yesterday I did some walking for the first time since I broke my ankle and today I walked a bit farther. It wasn't painful and the therapists are very kind and helpful. I believe I have to take it slowly and be very careful not to rush the recovery and injure it any more. I think the therapists cast their opinions on Tuesdays on whether you are eligible for more therapy as an inpatient, and I will be cast out. Either way, I will continue walking (or step/hopping as I'm doing now).

Scott went to Kansas City this weekend to vistit Beth. They went to the Ozzie Osbourne Concert. Shirley, Rose and I missed Brayden and Jalen. Both of them got good report cards. They always do.

Shelly & I saw the King today - no not Jesus - ELVIS! We posted pics. Shelly knew the Elvis impersonator from a party at which he performed some years ago. Turns out he is The Big Elvis Guy in Vegas but is a St. Louisan with a big heart. He regularly performs at places like BJEC. It was a really enjoyable performance.

The big new in Shelly's world is a new baby Rhino boy at the Zoo!! They didn't even know she was pregnant.

Speaking of expecting, Kate Spreitler's baby shower Saturday was a success, and Baby Girl Elser should be making an appearance March 3rd.

[Sue wrote this Tuesday afternoon, January 25.]

No comments: