Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just had my therapy session for today. I'll go back to the surgeon tomorrow and I hope he will remove the cast and let me leave here. It will be five weeks Friday since the break and I've been cooped up long enough . I've had lots of great company. Ding has been here several times. Lots of people know that Rose and I are sisters just by looking at us. The house is close so Rose is here usually more than once a day. Dave and Liz were here one evening this week. She is recovering well from her aortic surgery and will go back to work on February 17. Her scar is even painful looking and we both got nightmares perhaps caused by pain pills. Margaret and Norm came up Sunday. I hope I soon get around as well as Margaret does.

I'm going to add a story abut previous times. Margaret talks to Mary Pauline every Sunday and did so while she and Norm were here visiting me. I talked to Pauline (as we kids always said instead of Mary Pauline). When we were little kids, Mother took us to Kansas to see Bob and family and Uncle Bud and Aunt Lois. Brother Bob sent me to the door by myself to see if Aunt Lois would recognize me. Aunt Lois looked me over and made the statement "You used to be such a pretty little thing." Then after she paused and kept looking she continued "Well, your hair's still pretty!" Brother Bob never quit telling that story nor did
he quit laughing about it. And I never quit telling it!

The surgeon's office just called to change my appointment because the possibility of bad weather tomorrow.

Mad Dog has been checking the lake house because it has been bitter cold down there and may do so with snow soon. I think he's up here right now helping Doug with the basement project. The lift from first to second floor at our house was installed yesterday.

Now I just returned from lunch. Lunch was between the last two lines. My bed isn't made yet either. That's one way to keep me from laying around! Lunch wasn't bad. They usually give you a main dish or an alternate. Rice today instead of potatoes. When the guys go to the lake house, potatoes are about the only vegetable there, or at least the only thing they consider a vegetable. Shirley prefers rice but Rose and I like our potatoes, preferably Idaho ones. Potatoes are the only thing that comes from Idaho, per Brayden. The Steakburgers and French fries that Chris and/or Shelly bring are tasty as is the coffee Rose brings from Starbucks.

No comments: