Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I found out yesterday that I could get out of here next Wednesday, the 19th. I have an appointment with the surgeon on the 20th. When the therapists and other help got together with the social worker this morning and determined I need to see the surgeon before I am released, they decided I should stay until after my appointment with him. Meanwhile I am keeping up lots of therapy and joining some of the others in the dining room for meals. As Brother Joe says, they're serving three squares a day. They weighed me today but I won't say what I weighed with the cast, wheel chair, and me. It was quite a bit. If I have to stay a few more days after the surgeon's appointment, at least I'll know the end's in sight.

It's been bitter cold here the last few days. We had some snow Monday night and lots of school closings yesterday. I could look out the windows of the dining room and see kids playing in the snow and sledding. I think Brayden and Jalen had school called off which Scott thought was unnecessary. He thought differently when he was a kid. Goldman went over and shoveled sidewalks for Rose and Shirley. He and Groves came to visit me yesterday. Rose comes every day. Ding is probably on his way right now.

No comments: