Friday, June 28, 2013

Much Ado About Nothing

Well, I've been noticing what kind of ads this blog has been attracting--Alzheimer's Care, Office Cleaning, Gazelle (which buys old electronics), and autos, so I thought I would plug my new Prius C.  I bought the thing about a month ago only after thinking about it for over a year.  My other car, which Brother Pete has dubbed "the company car" for its use by several of us, was going to the lake for with Sue and Mark Goldman for the summer, so it seemed the time was right.

Almost immediately, Shirley and I had to make a trip to western Kansas.  Turns out, there is a problem with the thing.  We kept forgetting to buy gas!  The dealer filled the tank, and it has a range of around 450-500 miles (with a 9.5 gallon tank).  We were somewhere in Kansas, having stopped several times already but not needing to buy gas, when we realized the "Miles Remaining" was near to zero.  Imagine the shame of having a brand new car and running out of gas on the first tank, especially since the thing has more electronics and early warning systems than the first lunar module lander.  We did make it to a gas station.

The car rides a little rough, compared especially to the company car.  However, it is enormously interesting to drive, sips gasoline about like I sip wine, and has stuff I never had before--like a hook-up to my iPhone or iPad for music, bluetooth through the radio system for my phone.  Alas, no heated seats which we will miss in the winter.

Something I didn't realize until I took it into the Toyota shop the other day to have some unsightly grease removed from the door protectors, the thing needs an oil change only ever 10,000 miles.  Every car I've ever owned has run forever because I faithfully had the oil changed every 3,000 miles.  I may feel compelled to keep doing so.

O.K., now let's see if Toyota puts an ad here.  It is kind of fun to watch.   After I posted about my good experience with Gazelle, I've noticed that company advertises here frequently.

No comments: