Wednesday, August 07, 2013

House Flood

Joan and I arrived yesterday around noon and had a lovely lunch lunch and dinner and watched the Cardinal game but this morning was a different story.  I've had this house for 30 years and it has never leaked.  There were puddles all over the kitchen, laundry room, eating area, and some even seeped over into the setting area.  I came down first in the stair lift and could see the water and puddles so I was afraid the floor would be slick so called Joan and she came hurrying down to see what I needed.  She spent a long long time mopping and made sure I just sat still so I wasn't in danger.  She heard the storm in the night but I slept through it.  The therapist came later today and said he's hardly ever seen such a torrential downpour.  He lives right up the hill.

Mad Dog is coming over later today and I'm going to have him look at the outside where Joan and I believe the water must have come in from.  Not a good way for Joan to begin her first day on the job.  30 years and now it floods and there's more rain in the forecast.  Ros says they haven't had any and they truly need it.

No comments: