Friday, December 17, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon with my son Christopher, always a big treat. He called for me at the Extended Care Facility and visited with Den a bit, also checking out the set-up for Den to have a VCR and DVD Player in his room.

Chris and Shelly were into high-finance--renegotiating their home mortgage for a much better deal. The old mortgage company and the new one both debited their checking account, creating a temporary shortage-of-funds crisis. The mistake on the part of the old company brought out the red head in Shelly. She was livid and rightly so. The usual laid-back Mr. Chris was exercized. Somehow they got the situation resolved, but it was a very bad thing to happen, especially right here at Christmas time.

We had an e-mail from Pete and Janet who are home in Idaho Falls for the holidays. Pete is worried about Joe since Joe's retirement. He heard that Joe now takes an hour and half to watch "60 Minutes."

Suzanne picked me up at the Facility last night and ferried me home. She and Doug, among others of my sons' friends, have been sooooo helpful to me and to Den through all this that it brings tears to my eyes.

When I got to the Extended Care Facility yesterday morning, Lari and Evelyn, Den's sister and mother, were already there. We had a nice visit. Later Den's Uncle Paul and cousin Dave came.

One last note: REMEMBER THE PONTIAC!!! SUCH A DEAL!!!!


No comments: