Friday, December 10, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

Kim and Aaron went to see their dad yesterday evening. He was still not doing well. He was very agitated about everything, having an anxiety attack, Aaron said. His roommate had a lot of company, and Den was exercised about all the people. Of course, Den had a ton of company himself yesterday--myself, his kids, Rose, Shirley.

Den can't receive phone calls right now but does appreciate cards and letters. His address is Barnes-Jewish Extended Care Facility, 401 Corporate Park, St. Louis, MO 63105, Room 229. His e-mail address is dlboaz@aol.com. We print out and give him his e-mails.

I went to physical therapy yesterday for only the second time in about two months. (Normally I go weekly.) The physical therapist was pleased with the ease with which I could walk without my cane and the level of strength in my legs. Even the receptionist noted improvement in my walking, saying when I came into the reception area, "Martha! Look at you! Where is your cane?"

I continue to marvel at the goodness of people, especially Rose and Shirley who have taken on the added task of ferrying me back and forth to see Den at least twice a day. Fortunately, the facility he is in is only two miles from our house. And my son, Chris: anytime we ask him to do something for us, his response is "No problem, Momma." We try not to lean on him and Shelly too much but their offer yesterday to host our family Christmas was over the top. We are sooooooo grateful.

We'll update again after we see how Den is today.

to whom it may concern: SUCH A DEAL! A 2005 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX. READ ALL ABOUT IT IN THE ENTRY OF DECEMBER 9.

No comments: