Wednesday, January 19, 2005

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130. >>>>Here is an e-mail from Sabrina that we thought we would share: >>>>"Hi Aunties,

Here's an update from the Proud Mothers Club. Last week Alex called me to let me know that he had won his class spelling bee and that today he would be competing in his school spelling bee against 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. He must have mentioned 4 times that parents were invited. So, I was able to attend today and I was so proud! I wish I would have taken my camera, but alas, I forgot. Anyway, he placed 3rd in the school. When I left, the verdict was that he was 4th, but he called me at work later to tell me that his teacher had contested and that the person saying the word that he missed, "inert", had mispronounced the word. Therefore, he took 3rd, rather than 4th. Now he's bumming because he thinks he could have gone to state and won a gold medal. Apparently his teacher concurred, telling him that he had the hardest word, since the boy that won subsequently had to spell "alligator" and "eleven". His "devoted fans", (his term for his classmates) made signs to support him and hold up during the spelling bee and then gave them to him afterward.

He also got straight A's again, and his teacher's comments on his report card said that he was a natural leader who is able to hold the attention of his peers when he speaks to his class. Brett got all A's and 1 B+. I have to fork out some money now, but aren't they wonderful?

I was sad that I didn't get to see you when you were at my Mom's. We need to pick a date for me to come over for lunch.

Love to all,
Bebe"

No comments: