Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mark, Chris, and I had one of our Friday luncheon dates this past week. We went to Madison's on Manchester. A good time was had by all. As we reported earlier, Mark and Karen have bought a house together in Kirkwood. Friday Mark told Chris and me that he has already sold his house in Fenton for the asking price, first time I've ever heard of that. And the house sold in two days! Mark and Karen are looking forward to getting moved and settling into their new home.

Friday evening Shirley, Rose, and I stopped by Our Lady of Presentation Parish Hall to pick up Lenten fish. Chris, Shelly, Shelly's mother and aunt were there, waiting in line for their Lenten fish. We had a great visit with them. Our Lady of Presentation is the church where Donald and Vita were married and where Vita's mother Leah is a member. I looked around for her but didn't see her.

We talked to Pete on Saturday. He and Janet are heading home to Idaho Falls today. They are returning a week or so early this year because Janet has to have surgery on her shoulder. Meanwhile Bernie and Maudie are headed south to Mesa, AZ, where their daughter Kaye lives. It is awfully good news that Bernie is now able to travel again. They are taking their Fifth Wheel, their home away from home, so they will have a luxurious trip.

In anticipation of my summer at the lake, I have been looking at new cars. The Chevrolet Aveo has caught my eye and was my choice until Shirley got me to go look at Saturns. Now I'm confused and leaning toward a Saturn but afraid to go to a Hummer dealer.

We heard from Joe Felin this week. His new car fever may have passed. Seems he is investing in family travel rather than in new vans these days. We had hoped Joe could meet us at the lake for one of our great dinners and visits, but guess he couldn't get Pete's credit card. [Actually he was booked with appointments and family commitments.]

Rose is off to Chicago tomorrow for a special teaching gig. She will return Wednesday, the day Shirley goes to Chicago. Rose returns to Chicago on Saturday. This is going to be a whirlwind week. Next weekend I plan to stay with Chris and Shelly on Saturday night and with Margaret and Norm on Sunday. Chris and Shelly have said they want to test my new-found long distance walking abilities on the Katy Trail. I hope the weather permits.

This is all the new news from Lake Woebegone. REMEMBER THE FAMILY REUNION. MAKE PLANS TODAY.

No comments: