Thursday, March 02, 2006

Rose and I made a quick trip to the lake on Tuesday to check out the new shower in the master bath. It is nearly complete and is very beautiful. However, the shower controls had a drip that had gone undetected by the two men who did all the work. On Wednesday morning Rose and I discovered that the leak had damaged the ceiling in the downstairs bedroom and had soaked some of the carpet. I immediately called the contractor who arrived at the door in about ten minutes. After a brief investigation he discovered the problem and set about fixing it.

When Rose and I left in the late morning, two guys were busy with a wet vac and saws. They were so sorry for the problem (which was theirs) and so quick to respond that we didn't even get too upset. They promised to make the situation right, fix all the ceiling and wall that had to be removed, and repair the leak.

I would like to spend as much of the coming summer at the lake as I can. However, I can't stay alone yet and still need help with bathing, toilet, dressing, shopping, cooking, etc., because of the limited use of my hands. I don't need somebody 24/7. I'm looking for someone, perhaps a student, who would spend part of the summer with me but could be free most weekends when I have other guests. I can pay a small stipend plus room and board, and the person can always find a job in the lake area since the time I would require her would be rather minimal.

I am posting this so that any Dear Reader who knows someone who might be interested in the position can have them call me.

No comments: