Monday, May 29, 2006

More news from our far-flung family. Harriet Natale (nee LaFoe) called from Fort Myer, FL, to say she received her invitation but would note be able to attend. Joe had called her some time ago to tell her of the upcoming event. Some of you will remember that Harriet and her late husband came to our last reunion and that Harriet shared with us the geneology research she had done.

During our conversation, Harriet told me she has a half-brother, Harry LaFoe, who lives with his wife, Marian, in Cape Girardeau, MO. They have two sons, William (wife, Tricia) and Edward (wife, Bonnie). William and Tricia live in Cape Girardeau, and Edward and Bonnie live in Ballwin, MO.

My paternal grandfather, Giacomo Felin, married Katie LaFoe. I believe (Brother Joe, please correct me if I'm wrong) Katie had a brother Edward LaFoe who was the father of the first Harry LaFoe. This Harry LaFoe is the one who, with his wife, had a grocery store in Springfield, MO. He was married twice. With his first wife, they had Lorraine, Frieda May, and Harry. With his second wife, they had Harriet, the cousin who called me.

After talking with Harriet, I called Edward (the one who lives in Ballwin) and gave him information about the reunion as well as the address of this weblog. He told me his father had done some research into the family geneology and would be interested in the reunion. So I then called Harry in Cape Girardeau and talked with him. After trying to figure out just how he and I are related, we quickly concluded that our family history is a complicated one!

At any rate, I am hopeful some of these LaFoe connections will join us next Saturday.

No comments: