Thursday, May 04, 2006

Shelly, my daughter-in-law and our co-host for the family reunion, is organizing to send out invitations this weekend. We will send to all the family members we have addresses for, but we will surely miss some who will want to come. PLEASE ALERT US AND SEND ADDRESSES ASAP. You can e-mail to me (MarthaBoaz@aol.com) or to Chris and Shelly (dingspreitler@hotmail.com).

Joe Felin has bought his new van, a Chevrolet Uplander, an excellent choice we think. Also a sign that Brother Joe is returning to normal after his hair-raising heart surgery. I am about to purchase a Saturn Ion. Brayden, with whom I have consulted, insists that I get a "geen color one." Turns out the green (a cypress green) is very pretty and would be my choice. However, there is not one to be found with the accessories I require. This is model change so the pickins' are slim for what I'm after. Looks like cherry red will be the color.

Doug and Suzanne had me over for dinner last night. When I was telling them about my car and about getting the key modified for my hands, Doug said, "What! Don't pay for that. Bring me the key, and I'll do it for nothing." So, that's what I am going to do. They surely make me feel welcome and take extra pains to care for me.

Shirley is slowly improving from the effects of her fall five weeks ago. She will undoubtedly have to have that rotator cuff surgery before all is said and done. She's resigned to it and wants to get it behind her. She will see her physician/surgeon on Monday.

Margaret Ann is doing some doctoring as a follow-up to her recent hospital stay. She saw her neurologist this week and will have an MRI and some blood tests next week. Still no explaination for the dizzy spells she has suffered. The good news is that her heart is fine.

I never thought I would look forward to the day when I would be eligible for Medicare, but that day has come. On July 1 I will get Medicare coverage and can drop the very expensive ($1900/month) health insurance I have now. All things considered, I've been lucky to have insurance at all. Catrina, my most important health care provider, is fixing me up with a supplemental policy and is suggesting Humana for prescription drug coverage. Anyone else have input on this subject? When I last saw my neurologist he suggested I have the immuno-globulin treatments about every six months. I should have the next one in June. Shirley's sister has this kind of treatment regularly, but she is required to stay in the hospital overnight for it because of a Medicare requirement. I surely don't want to have to do that, but will if necessary.

Remember the word for today: ADDRESSES!

No comments: