Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HOPE

I'm leaving Saturday for Louisville and spending the week with Scott and the boys. Rose and Shirley are going to Shirley's niece's wedding in Georgia. Shirley's sister, mother of the bride, is going to meet Rose and Shirley in Birmingham and drive the rest of the way. Meanwhile, I'll be in Louisville and get to keep company with Scott and the boys. Is Monday a legal holiday? I hope it is so they won't have school that day. I keep forgetting to ask anyone who might know the answer - like Jalen or Goldman. I talked to my old neighbor, Leslie, from Springfield this morning. Sam, her husband, had a knee replaced yesterday and is doing okay so far. He's expecting much more pain when the anesthetic wears off. He'll be in the hospital until Thursday. Chase is there in town right now and Jeff is in Seattle for a short visit. Jeff's father-in-law recently died but he soon will have to go back to Afghanistan. [Chase and Jeff are Leslie's sons.] I believe therapy is really helping me. I can squeeze a ball and make dents in the softest one. This morning I was the only one up and spilled my coffee - on the carpet! I got it cleaned up and asked Sis if she noticed anything when she came downstairs. She didn't notice a thing and Shirley said she didn't either. I keep up my exercises and working at it. I have one more session of therapy before Louisville.

No comments: