Wednesday, February 18, 2015

UPDATE FROM STEPHANIE

Stephanie sent me this update for the Gazette:

"I just wanted to update everyone.  I finished my first round of Chemo on Thursday and got my first Neulasta shot on Friday.  I have been very run down, having fevers off and on, lots of pain and tummy issues (mostly nausea).  I have been eating lots of saltines and tea with no sugar, and small portions of food as I can take it.  My sense of taste and smell are really messed up and lots of scents upset my stomach.  Poor Dan had to rewash the laundry in a non-scented laundry detergent due to this.  I went today for my first round of blood work, and it appears that my immune system is pretty much non existent right now.  The white blood count and neutrophils are almost 0 and my platelets are also pretty low. I am relegated to the house, no stores, no town, no church :'(, and anyone who is in any way ill is not allowed near me.  So, basically, isolation.  :(  I had to buy some new medical equipment today, a new BP cuff, new temporal thermometer, and...TADA...masks!  My newest fashion accessory.  If my temperature gets to 100.5 I have to go to the hospital for admittance and IV antibiotics.  They will check the levels again next week, and move on from there.  I can't have my next course of chemo until the counts rebound, so that is my request for now...please pray for those numbers to climb back up!  Thank you!"

Thank you, Stephanie.  I know there are many in our far-flung family who appreciate getting your updates and who are praying for your full and fast recover.  We may not be able to move heaven, but if there is anything on earth any of us can do, please, call on us.



No comments: