Thursday, September 09, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


Shirley, Rose, and I came to Chicago yesterday, Shirley and Rose for work and myself to see Master Wang, an acupuncturist and oriental medical doctor who has a reputation for helping people with neuropathy. Chris took us to the airport and except for having to limit his lifting, is recovering from his minor surgery just fine. He goes back to have the stitches removed in two weeks.

Joe Felin called Wednesday morning because he hadn't seen an update to the Blog for a while. He was waiting for a call from a doctor recommended by the dermatologist who did the biopsy on the lesion on his nose. The dermatologist told Joe he has to have further treatment based on the biopsy results. Joe, keep us updated and we'll pass along information here.

Joe also said he had sent flowers to Clinton (AKA 'Slick Willie') and was waiting for Pete's check to cover half the costs. He may have a long, long wait! [Pete, perhaps you could just e-mail Joe the money?]

Den is in Ottawa, Canada, this week on business and will return to Chicago on Friday.

Some of the recent photos are from the brief stop Scott and sons made at our house on Labor Day. The one of Pete and Grandsons is from an e-mail Merri sent. Sabrina also sent pictures but they seem to be lost in cyberspace. We'll post those when we become more blogsmart.

I've had my first session with Master (Dr. of Oriental Medicine) Wang. He was optimistic and hopeful that he might be able to help. Actually, he was positive he could help. He said that in his 30 years of practice, he has seen five people with my problem and was able to help them. He did something to my neck and gave me acupuncture for 20 minutes. I have my second appointment tomorrow. At this point, I am very much a 'Show Me' state resident, so will wait and let Master Wang show me.

As you might guess, I keep a vigilant watch for information about progress in stem cell research. There are reports of late that people have been treated sucessfully for various ailments with stem cells. Rose reminds me that once the federal government unleashed funds for AIDS research, effective treatments were developed extremely fast. Remember how hopeless AIDS cases were only a short time ago?

Today is a gorgeous day here in Chicago. Shirley is working, and Rose and I are sitting in the living room overlooking Lake Michigan which is stunningly beautiful. Rose and I went grocery shopping this morning and plan to spend some time on the beach this afternoon.

This apartment is small, has a spectacular view from its location on the 10th floor--the beach directly below and Lake Michigan perhaps 80 yards away. I guess I would dub it 'Turnbeau." Rose calls it "Turnbow North." Except for its location, it is quite modest. There is a garage in the basement with an attendant who gets the car for you. Rose's car is so old that she hates to call down and ask for it because it just doesn't fit.


No comments: