Thursday, March 31, 2005

This is ding logging in to explain the work done on the deck. First let me explain that I forgot my login to post, so I haven't in a while. My mama and Auntie just chastised me for a lack of contributions so I reached into my barrel of usernames and passwords until one worked. I am glad I didn't get locked out. That happens sometimes. I once had to get money from the ATM with Randy's card. He gave me the card and pin which I promptly forgot. I assumed I would get it eventually. After three wrong guesses, it kept the card. No money...no card...and the wrath of Randy.

I wanted to further clarify the trip to the lake. The list should actually read Doug, MadDog, Goldman and Ding helped build. We had very definite roles. Doug was the skilled laborer. MadDog was the semiskilled laborer. I am pretty certain that Doug couldn't bring himself to call either Goldman or myself a laborer, so they just called us cabin bitch (sometimes toolboy). I got there on Thursday Morning and Goldman promptly left. See, you can't have two cabin bitches. Most likely when Doug would tell us that "fetch that mallot" or "we need more carriage bolts" we would just sit there waiting for the other to do it. OR (much less likely) we would both go to get it at the same time, run into each other, get injured and have to quit. What makes everybody's commitment even more impressive (especially considering people took their vacation to do this) was the awful weather, the fact that there was no heat or hot water and, after a brief flooding incident, no water for awhile. There were 3 toilets. MadDog, Doug, and Goldman were each given one toilet, one flush. Many thanks to all the neighbors down there for allowing us to use their bathrooms, laundry facilities, kitchens..... Nothing against Aunties' photojournalism skills, but the pictures don't do justice to the work that the guys did.

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

No comments: