Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I am happy to report that Sue was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. She is home and feeling quite well. [Or as Grandpa Madden would have put it, she is "feeling fine as frog hair."]

Tomorrow she has to go see her primary care physician, Sara Renfert, a new one and someone Sue has developed respect for in a very short time. If her blood test tomorrow shows a good sodium level (good being greater that 130), she will go to the lake tomorrow afternoon.

I am copying an e-mail below from our cousin Elaine so that all our Dear Readers can have news about her and her family:

"Rose –

It was so good to talk to you last week. You don’t sound a day older! Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make the BIG family shindig, but I hope you will let everyone know that it is with regret that I must pass it up. I did want to pass on my information as you requested and to let you know that I will be looking forward to seeing pics & info on the blog. One other thing I wanted to mention, there is a picture on the blog of your mom, Aunt Mitt and a young boy you identified as either Uncle Curt or Dad. If the picture was made in 1916 as you indicated, then the young man is not Dad or Uncle Curt. Dad wasn’t born until 1920 and Uncle Curt was later than that.

Here’s my information and please let all the family know the door is always open and the Welcome mat out anytime anyone wants to visit.

Elaine Raymond
68 Kimberlys Way
Jasper, GA 30143
678-454-6132
quiltlady@etcmail.com

My husband, Bill, and I have been married 33 years and have 2 children. Our son, Tony, is married to Tara and together they have a daughter, Kayla, 14 months."


Joe Felin called this morning as he was headed to cardiac rehab. He said Bernie and Maudie are in the area (no sighting yet) and would be getting together with him and Aunt Virginia during their stay.

Pete and Janet checked in yesterday. Janet continues to recover from her shoulder surgery. She is still chuckling about my getting so terribly lost in an area I've lived most of my life. What she perhaps doesn't understand is that I have stayed the same; the terrain has changed beyond recognition!

No comments: