Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still looking forward to Spring and warmer weather. Neighbor at the lake called me Sunday and we had frozen pipes at our joint wellhouse. He and Maddog were taking care of getting things thawed or whatever needed to be done. Everything was okay inside. Thank goodness for good neighbors and for Maddog.

I had an update email from Mike Madden. He said he's been very busy working 60 to 70hours a week rebuilding the house at the farm. He's almost finished. He had seen Aunt Virginia on Saturday and she was doing well. She loves coming to the farm. The administrator at the assisted living facility where she stays told Mike that people usually don't last 6 months with whatever she has but she has been there 18 months already.

Mark and Karen spent last week skiing in Utah. Drew had to be back in school today. Joe went to Tulsa with Beth and Lydia overnight Sunday. Pete called Saturday - mostly to brag about the weather in Arizona,. It's sure been cold here. He and Janet are going to Loughlin, NV, to celebrate his birthday. It's the same day as Super Bowl and he's tired of hearing about Curt Warner. It didn't sound like he was going to watch the game.

I had some vascular tests on my right leg this morning and had the blood pressure checked in my big toe! First time I've been checked there. They were just checking some pain I get in my leg when I walk a lot and it's probably just old age but they wouldn't tell me anything there. Their doctors have to send it to my doctor and then she will let me know. I'm still doing my yoga exercises faithfully everyday and I may try some acupuncture again.

We watched the inauguration most of the day yesterday. It was great to see Obama installed in office. I think he will reinstate stem cell research and while it may not help me it might help someone like me down the road. He has a lot of work ahead of him.

Still waiting for some updates. Rose has some photos to post when she has time.

No comments: