Monday, August 30, 2010

Again I've gotten behind on my postings. This weekend I've been here at the lake with Groves and Mad Dog. It's Monday and we're here an extra day. Jana had said she would send more pictures to post. Those two little girls were certainly a hit. Again, Ellie requested Mad Dog's potatoes and she missed Goldman's being here. Caitlin, who is the little one, would fall down when she had her life jacket on and it made her so top heavy that she couldn't get back on her feet.

I have the Bayliner listed on Craigslist. It's a 1986 and I bought it in 1990. I never had a trailer for it. I'm selling it with the trailer that came with the new boat. I bought the new one through Craigslist with Doug's help so I'm hoping someone buys it soon. It has served well for us. Right now the waverunner is in the shop - again with Doug's help. It will be ready by the upcoming holiday when I expect lots of company. Without the help of all these young men (heading toward middle age) I don't know what I'd do.

Rose and Shirley are going to drive up to Chicago this coming weekend. I'll probably ride home from here with Scott and fly back from Louisville. I talked to him last night. I had got him copies of some famous pictures that are at Kentucky Downs. I asked if he had hung them. He said yes he had. TODAY! Brayden asked if they were hanging them because Granny was comming. Scott's reply "What do you think?"

Chris had to make a delivery in South Carolina last week so Shelly went with him and they took a day at the beach. They went through Birmingham on their way home and were within 12 miles of Royal Switchgear. They were running late and didn't have time to stop. I had just heard this when Donald called. He's going to be in Missouri toward the end of September and would like to have us get together. I surely would like that.

When Groves and I got here Friday Mad Dog had stained the front porch and most of the back deck. I had no idea that he was going to do that. The two guys did a lot of general cleanup around the outside. For a while it seemed the ants had left and gnats had taken over but they conquered them.

No comments: