Friday, October 22, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

All went as planned since Tuesday. I am on the road to recovery from this infection or reaction to Contact--whichever it was. I still have some amnesia. Jack from the office called and told me it was Sunday, and he was just home from church. I told him that I could hide my own Easter eggs!

Tuesday evening we played cards, and Wednesday we watched the Cardinals kick ass.
Loretta and I both had appointments with Master Wang on Wednesday. He gave me acupuncture to help my amnesia and the usual treatment for my neuropathy. Loretta is going to find an M.D./acupuncturist in New Orleans. She felt good after her treatment.

On Wednesday we forgot to check in with Dr. Costas as we were supposed to. Around 6:00 pm, he called to find out why not. One small complication for me is that I have now developed a mild case of shingles (if there be such a thing as a mild case). We called Costas as we were driving to St. Louis, and he called in medications that were waiting for me at Walgreen's. The man is surely a Medicine Man!

This morning Rose and I drove over into Illinois where we met Scott, his friend Sherry, and Brayden. We had lunch then brought Brayden home with us. He has been a pure delight. No missing his daddy today. He has played, laughed, talked, eaten, hugged, kissed, and entertained us royally. Tonight he had acorn squash with his dinner, which he insisted on eating with his fingers. Right now he is asleep on the floor of the living room, having worn himself and the three of us completely out.

Our plan for tomorrow is to celebrate Rose's birthday with crab cakes for dinner followed by winning Cardinals baseball. Scott chided Rose and Shirley today for being such fickle Cubs' fans. His belief is that you don't switch allegiance just because your team is losing. He may be worried about the 'ex-Cub Factor,' which says that the Cubs are so tainted with losing that having old Cubs' fans could go against the Cardinals.

We get to keep Brayden a full week. We have lots planned.

No comments: