Sunday, October 31, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


We haven't had a minute to update this blog because we have had Brayden since October 22. He is a full time job. Three person, full time job. What a delightful child! He entertained us royally and was good as gold. Probably in the eight days we had him, he cried a total of five minutes. Now he talks, mimics everything you say, likes to keep all three adoring old women in the same room (which required a lot of shepherding on his part), and he has a million different expressions.

But enough about our love. Rose and I met Scott and Jalen yesterday in Mt. Vernon, Il, to return Brayden. Today we are missing him, Big Time. We've had such grand entertainment--the baby, the World Series (such as it was), this intense election. After Tuesday, we just don't know how we will spend our time.

On Tuesday I had an appointment with my former neurologist, Dr. Frank, for a consult. We brought records from my St. Francis hospital stay. He was grand in our time with him. He gave me a thorough exam, reiterated his opinion that I DO NOT HAVE ALS, that my symptoms are atypical for the disease. He doesn't know what I do have, but thinks further treatment is in order. He tentatively said he would go ahead with the IV IG (immuno globulin) that he recommended last spring and stop the Solumedrol because it did not do as much for my neuropathy as he had hoped. However, he said he would look over all the records and call me in a few days. He did give us three names from my insurance company list of covered neurologists that he feels would be suitable for me to see.

Interestingly enought, [providential even(?)], Mary Myers saw her physician on Friday and told him of my dilemma. He gave her the name of a neurologist he highly recommends and, it turns out, it is one of Dr. Frank's three. I think that will be my new neurologist!

Right now we are in Chicago, having come here yesterday after leaving Brayden with Scott and Jalen. Shirley was already here; she flew in on Wednesday. Today I go over to Downers Grove for my acupuncture treatment. Den will meet us there, and I will go with him until tomorrow afternoon.

Just in case I have forgotten to mention important things or people, remember I still have a touch of amnesia. Shirley says she is going to take advantage of my condition and just wrap up old stuff to give at Christmas. Now that I am alerted to this, I intend to check tags on everything I get!

More when we have time.


No comments: