Tuesday, May 03, 2005

This is Ding with another update. I saw that Mom and Auntie haven't updated in awhile so I thought that I would chime in.

Mom, Denny, and a whole bunch of other people went to the lake on Friday. I couldn't go, but on Thursday Mom and I went grocery shopping for the trip. When Shelly and I go to the grocery store, we usually end up in some sort of disagreement or another. It appears the same with Mama and me as well. Since we got married, I rationalized that these grocery store arguments are all Shelly's fault. Well, it now seems that these disagreements all stem from me being a "cheap bastage".

Apparently, the ceramic floor doug put it looks great. (His first one) Even the part that was so lopsided that he had to do some jackhammering isn't even noticable. A good time was had by all, until Sunday morning. Denny fell in the shower and hurt his back. Much to his urging to the contrary, the ambulance came and took him to the hospital, mostly as a precautionary measure. It turns out that he has a fracture in the L1 vertebrae. They released him, but in about an hour he will have an MRI because they are worried about potential internal bleeding because of his blood thinners. Don't take anything I have stated as gospel because I am at the bottom of the grapevine. I am certain Mom and auntie will update later with more details.

I do want to update you on our pet situation. Gonzo, Shelly's dog and best friend of 15 years, passed away on April 20. She was the best dog I have ever known. On more than one occasion she saved Shelly's life (or at least saved her from severe disfigurement). Gonzo single handedly turned me into a dog person. Nothing against our other dog Tucker, but if that's the dog that Shelly came into my life with, well, I am certain I wouldn't feel the same way about dogs. So last week we went to the pound to find another companion for Tucker and we came away with a 3 month old yellow lab puppy who I named Oliver. For a puppy, especially a lab puppy, he was so calm and docile that I had to make him mine. Two days later he was in the puppy hospital with Parvo. They gave us a 50/50 chance of survival. That was Friday morning. We went to visit him Monday. He was feeling much better. And that calm docile puppy....well, he was just a sick puppy. It's going to be a long training road ahead. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

Over and Out,

Ding
Sue's Journey Back to Health

No comments: