Thursday, October 26, 2006

On Tuesday evening, Rose, Shirley and I went to a 5 star restaurant near the Mississippi in downtown St. Louis to celebrate Rose's birthday. Three attendants helped us out of the car and parked it for us while two others ushered us in the door. They seated us and a crew of various help began pampering us. We had waiters, water boys, bread boys, wine pourers, salad tossers, salad servers, meat carvers, dessert servers, and one whose only task seemed to be to refold our napkin if we left to go to the restroom. Thrn another one put a fresh napkin in our lap when we returned to the table. The valet parkers brought the car and saw it was difficult for me to get in so brought a step for me. We were near the Mississippi, but a long way from Turnbo.

We had old girls' weekend at the lake last weekend. Leslie, Liz, and a new friend, Trish, attended. I was under the weather so Chris and Goldman came Sunday to drive me home. Just a bug of some kind. I was fine by Tuesday.

Jana, Ellie, and Liz Keay who has been friends with Rose for over 40 years and is in town from Colorado came for dinner last night. Ellie can crawl now - but gets frustrated because she can only go backwards. She's beautifil like her mother.

Sandi Fellin, our new west coast editor called on Wed. We chided her about spelling her name wrong. For those of you who don't know, the rest of Mom's kids - and Mom and Dad - spell our name FELIN with one L. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought it was because the doctor made a mistake on Bernie's birth certificate and he just left it that way. With my amnesia, sometimes when I hear a rumor, I find out I started it myself.

No comments: