Thursday, October 04, 2007

I'll update more later but I just wanted to relate how our faith in this household has been restored - if it had slipped a bit.

I think we put this in the blog a few years back. Denny gave me some diamond earrings which I misplaced. I looked high and low for them and prayed almost daily to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost articles, to no avail. After ten years or so, I concluded that they must have been stolen. Den bought me another pair. Not too long after that Rose and I were down at the lakehouse and she happened to look in my jewelry box on my dresser. Lo and behold, there were my diamond earrings!!!

John gave Rose a set of pearls which she has always treasured. She lost track of them sometime ago. She has spent lots of time searching for them to no avail. St. Anthony seemed not to hear her almost daily prayers. She concluded that perhaps some unscrupulous cleaning lady (we have had several cleaning ladies who didn't do much cleaning) must have taken them. After much searching and much praying she just happened to look in her jewelry box yesterday morning. There were her pearls - where they had been all along - unless St. Anthony has been playing tricks on both of us.

1 comment:

Chris Spreitler said...

perhaps St.Anthony was wanting you to look in your JEWELRY boxes for your JEWELRY before he was going to help you???