Monday, October 15, 2007

It's been a week since my last post and I'm still waiting for updates from my other contributors. Surely some noteworthy news has happened to some of you.

Rose and Shirley are in Chicago for their monthly trip and will return tomorrow. Rose says it's cold in Chicago and maintenance has not turned the heat on in their condo building. Rose had to spend the day Saturday in downtown Chicago. I remember the first time I was there. It was so windy and we were walking. I couldn't wait to get to the corner thinking I'd be out of the wind. When I turned the corner I found out that I HAD been out of the wind.

Chris, Shelly, and I went to the lake this weekend. Goldman was their dogsitter for the weekend. Maddog is now staying at the lake with his dad. He came over Saturday night and spent the evening with us. We came home early Sunday so Chris and Shelly could get ther Katy Trail run in. They take the dogs because Chris says dogs need exercise too. It was a nice weekend but certainly not hot. The leaves are just beginning to turn. We had a great dinner at my favorite restaurant, Ruthie D's, which is Brayden's least favorite place. We went there once with him and he wasn't going to go in. Rose told him, "OK, you can just wait in the car." He thought a minute and said "Well, maybe I'll go one more time".

He and Scott and Jalen are in Florida for a few days. Scott is letting the boys play hooky from school. Brayden told me that Jalen lost a tooth. I asked him how much the fairy left him. I didn't understand that he had lost the tooth this morning and Brayden explained to me that they hadn't even been to bed yet.

I'm back in Barnes-Jewish Hospital again this morning for my regular IVIG infusion.
I had a very hectic morning. The nurse who was to help me with a shower, fix my breakfast and bring me here, was over an hour late. After she finally made it and we were on our way down here, she made some wrong turns and didn't know exactly where the hospital was. I kept telling her we were not going in the right direction, and she finally listened to me. Chris got worried because I had no breakfast and left work and brought me coffe and a roll from Starbucks. Even though I was 45 minutes late getting here, I had to wait another to get a room.

Two resident neurologists have been to see me already. The neurologists who are doing the IVIG's are not the ones who will decide about my other problems with the seizures, but one of the residents will inform the Seizure Clinic staff that I'm here.

Chris is going to run a marathon and Shelly a half-marathon on Sunday in Louisville this Saturday. They have been training diligently. If they're not too exhausted on Sunday, Shelly says they'd like to take Brayden and Jalen to the Louisville Slugger factory.

Gotta go. Lunch, so to speak, is served.


Now, this is truly wonderful technology. I (Rose) am in Chicago. Sue sent me an e-mail from the hospital, asking me to edit her blog entry. I called it up on my computer here and read it over. Dear Readers, here it is.

No comments: