Saturday, April 03, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


Son Chris called for the boys last night. It took a while for him to load up all the toys and other stuff kids have to have, and to get the DVD player in his truck rigged for Jalen's viewing comfort. And off they went to pick up Mark Goldman then on Louisville. Scott had carefully instructed Jalen to say: "How much longer til we get there? I'm hungry. There's a McDonald's. I need to go to the bathroom. I'm thirsty." Later on we found a suitcase of clothes that didn't get loaded. Shirley, Rose, and I picked up "Catholic fish" for dinner, ate, and mostly moped in the silence of the house. We also rested, watched, and slept through "Whale Rider."

Bernie called Thursday evening to say he and Maudie are coming to the birthday party. They are leaving Spokane on the 13th and making a leisurely trip. Tammy (from Tacoma) and Sandy (from Portland) are also coming.

Sally (from St. John) is coming. And today in an e-mail from Pete and Janet, they told us Merri (from Idaho Falls) and Kelly (from Boise) are coming.

We are purely delighted that many people are coming for the party. We will find places for everybody to stay. This is going to be a wonderful opportunity for a lot of far-flung family and friends to get better acquainted.

In response to inquiries about how I am faring--still no diagnosis or prognosis. I've been checked and rechecked by the best. My neurologist, Dr. Bennett Frank, (yes, that really is his name though it seems reverse) says he doesn't know what is the matter with me and doesn't think anyone else would either. He also said that at the Barnes-Jewish medical complex in St. Louis, they see one mysterious case like mine about once a year. And I don't know what happens to that one! The treatment with intravenous Solumedrol began five weeks ago. I have infusions every other week. So far, I can't tell a lot of difference in my physical condition although the strange falls I had been suffering since last August have stopped (knock on wood!). Something is better. Please keep up your prayers for healing. And remember also Jacob (Den's nephew), Ricky (Wanda Jeannne's son), Catrina (Margaret's daughter) who goes to the neurologist on Tuesday, and Brothers Bernie and Joe who have battled some health problems lately.



No comments: