Thursday, April 15, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


I had the following e-mail from Sandy (Bob's daughter), saying they would not be at the party and explaining why. Please add Richard to your prayer list.

"Dear Aunt Sue,
I hope you have a wonderful birthday party, sounds like it will be fun. That is one thing I can say about the Felin family they know how to throw a party! We will not be able to attend, Richard has had some major health problems since the first of the year. He had a quadruple bypass done in January and ended up staying in the hospital for 28 days. He had to have 3 stents put is his right leg 3 weeks ago and last Friday he had 6 stents put in his left leg. He still has a blockage in his abdomen put at this point they are not going to do anything with that blockage. He has developed an ulcer on his left heel that hopefully will start to heal now that the stents are in. I will keep checking back to your web site regarding your party. I hope you can post some pictures of everyone who attends for those of us who are unable to attend. Glad to hear you are doing much better. Have a wonderful time at your party!!!

Love,
Sandy"


If anyone has other family news he/she would like posted here, just send me an e-mail and I will post it. [Actually, my doctor/nurse/secretary Rose is doing my typing for me.]


Den arrived from Chicago on Friday, just minutes from the time Aaron arrived from Dallas. Shirley and I picked them up at the airport. Aaron walked right past Den at the airport. Den had shaved off his mustache, and Aaron had never seen his dad without it. I didn't even notice until Aaron discreetly told me. Tiffany and Haleigh picked Aaron up at our house, and we played Easter Bunny for Haleigh.

On Saturday Den and I went to Kim and Mike's, again in service to the Easter Bunny, and had a great visit. Alyssia, Den's granddaughter, will make her First Communion on Sunday, and there is a family party following. Our gift for this special occasion is a rosary bracelet from the artist in Louisiana, the artist Nancy Hafla introduced me to. Mike has offered to pick me up and take me home so I can attend the Mass and party, but I don't think I will be able to go. I am conserving my strength for the big birthday bash next Friday.

Doug and Suzanne had us over for dinner on Saturday evening. The Easter Bunny took a basket for Lukas. Chris and Jane Crawford and their two children were also there.

Sunday was Easter. Rose and Shirley cooked a wonderful dinner and invited Margaret and Norm and Den and myself for the meal. We had a great time, and the Easter Bunny left some colored eggs for the occasion.

Chris and Shelly were in Chicago for the weekend, returning on Sunday, Shelly's birthday, in time for a party with her family. Happy belated birthday, Shelly!

Joe Felin came to St. Louis for a railway club meeting Monday evening. On Sunday he and Leslie retrieved our mirrors from the Springfield House, and Joe brought them with him. He spent the night at Rose and Shirley's on Monday. On Tuesday morning, Margaret and Norm and Den and I joined the three of them for breakfast. It is always a treat to see Brother Joe and to have that kind of family visit.

Tuesday was also physical therapy day, and the day this week I saw Dr. Ginger for accupuncture. Late in the afternoon Den and I went to the Lake for overnight. We visited with David and Judy, great neighbors who are so helpful in so many ways.

Den and I returned to St. Louis on Wednesday evening in time for closing on the Springfield House today. Right now Den is with Aaron, on their way to the Lake for a weekend of fishing with Den's brothers. Their assignment is to catch enough crappie for a big fish fry. Friday they will go to Bennett Springs for trout fishing, then return to the Lake for more, yes, more fishing.

Shirley left yesterday (Wednesday) for her normal work days in Chicago. Rose will leave Saturday, and I will spend the weekend with Sabrina, Dave, Alex, Brett, and Lucy. [Lucy is the dog.] I have to hang around home until the papers from the closing arrive, then Chris will ferry me to the Smith's house at Lake St. Louis.

The birthday party plans are laid. Please get your RSVP in so we have enough food and drink for everyone. The 'story book' is taking shape. If you want yours included, please send it. My head is swollen from all the wonderful stories so far. There must be some censorship being exercised for people are sending only printable stuff.

We think Bernie and Maudie are traveling this way. Pete and Janet will arrive some time next week.

We do need itineraries from out-of-towners! We will try to accommodate everyone. Margaret and Norm, Chris and Shelly, Rose and Shirley, and Den and I have some room. Bernie and Maudie will have their home on wheels.

Scott continues to sort out his domestic problems. Today was a hearing about child custody, and Scott was hoping the end result would be that he could pick the boys up tonight, both Brayden and Jalen. It's a contentious and messy situation, and Scott really worries about the effect on the children. I worry because Scott misses his kids and hasn't been able to see them for over a week because of the legal mess. Scott's attorney is a crackerjack, one of the finer ones in Kentucky, and holds out great promise that all this can be resolved and quickly. Scott hopes to avoid blame and retaliation.

Enough for now. Rose and I are headed to California Pizza Kitchen for supper.






No comments: