Friday, April 09, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

Den will be in from Chicago this afternoon. Doug and Suzanne have invited us to dinner tomorrow evening, and I plan to attend Easter Vigil services later in the evening with Rose and Shirley. Den and I will have Easter dinner at Rose and Shirley's.

Yesterday at 7:00 am, I completed the fourth round of the Solumedrol intravenous treatment. This time it didn't affect me as it has before. I am not so shakey, nor wobbly on my feet. However, it does bring with it sleeplessness. And I've gained a few pounds, a good sign.

I've had a number of insurance issues to work out. Thanks to niece Catrina, who is an extremely knowledgeable insurance agent, the issues are mostly resolved now. It has surely been helpful having someone who knows the ins and outs of this difficult subject to consult. Not only is she knowledgeable, she is also extremely caring and considerate.

Chris and Shelly are in Chicago for the weekend. Sunday is Shelly's birthday. They are staying at Rose and Shirley's apartment and no doubt are having a great time.

Scott, in Louisville, is going through a difficult period. He is in the midst of a messy divorce with issues over child custody. All of us know how crazy Scott is about his sons. Not being with them is so hard for him. Having brother Chris and lifelong friend Mark Goldman come for the weekend was an respite from some of the difficulties. Scott's e-mail address is:
http://www.sspreitler@insightbb.com


After the trip with Scott's sons over to Louisville and two days with them, Mark sent me this e-mail:

"hey mom,
I just wanted to say hi and tell you that Jalen is the most well mannered and nicest youngsters i have been around and that I am very impressed with the job Scott is doing with the boys and that I think that has to come from you.
I will talk to you soon,
love you
mark"

Of course, I loved Mark's message! We too find Jalen to be one wonderful six-year-old and love to have him come visit. Jalen is quite an artist. We took him to the Art Mart while he was here. Now he wants to go there every time he visits. His Uncle Mark wants to take him to a Children's Museum in downtown St. Louis on his next visit.

Brayden, at age 14 months, is a joy. He's learning new things every day, and just beginning to talk.

A Happy and blessed season to everyone!

No comments: