Tuesday, April 20, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

Keeping current family news, I want to share these e-mails from Cindy (Bobby Felin's widow) and Danny, her husband as well as one from Cindy and Bobby's daughter, Jana. Here they are:

Hi Sue,

We called the phone numbers listed on your website, but didn't leave a message. We called to wish you happy birthday, and a complete recovery. We would like to celebrate with you, but will not be able to do that. I had hernia surgery yesterday, & will not be back to work until the 28th, and Cindy has bloodwork every Monday followed by chemo treatments every Tuesday. Karen starts a new job and will be unable to get time off. She got married on New Year's Day in Las Vegas to Cristian Henderson, and is very busy preparing to move into a bigger apartment in Salina.
Jana will graduate from K-State this May, and is working for Footlocker in Human Resource Management as well as working part-time at the university Rec center. She is considering moving to Nashville to work as a recruiter in the medical field.
Tricia is attending Hutchinson Community College, then on to Wichita State pursuing a degree in physical therapy. She works weekends at a local nursing home as a CNA.
It sounds like there will be quite a few friends and family that will attend your birthday party, so we know you will have a great time! A big hug from all of us and we wish you a very happy birthday!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you,
Love, Danny & Cindy

Aunt Sue -

Mom gave me the invitation to your 60th!!!
Congratulations!!! I will not be able to make it -
I'm so busy with school, working 2 jobs, and trying to
find a place to live after graduation and jobs for my
boyfriend, John, and me. I was in St. Louis this last
weekend. I didn't know that you and Aunt Rose lived
there. I thought all three of my great-aunts lived in
Springfield for some reason! I have job offers with
KPG in St. Louis and one at SBR in Nashville. They are
both recruiting firms. So...John and I may be moving
to St. Louis at the end of May!!!! He will know this
week if he gets a job with FM Global in St. Louis. If
I'd known you and Aunt Rose were living there, we
would have stopped by!

I was sad to hear about your health. I read through
your website - I'm glad that you put that together for
everyone to read. I really hope that things can get
worked out for you. Remember that everything works
out how it is supposed to. God works in mysterious
ways!

I mailed an invitation for my graduation to you, Aunt
Rose, and Aunt Marge. (I didn't have your address so
I sent your invite to Aunt Rose's) I know you won't
be able to make it, but I wanted to send you one
anyway. Mom and Danny got me a cedar chest. I just
got it in the mail today. I wanted one to put all my
memorbilia for when I get married and have kids -
awhile from now!

Well, I should try to do some homework. I told Mom
that I only had to get a D in the rest of my classes
to graduate - She informed me that I had better do a
lot better than that! Write back and let me know how
everyone is. (I don't have Aunt Rose's and Aunt
Marge's e-mails)

Love,
Jana


"When you are unconditionally committed to a goal, the attainment of that goal is already assured."

========================

Please add Cindy and Danny to your prayer list.

Congratulations, Jana, on your accomplishment and good luck with that job!


Another whirlwind week here. Saturday Chris and I took Rose to the airport for her bi-monthly trip to Chicago. Then Chris and I went to the graduation exercises at Vatterott where he teaches. That was great fun for a mother because I heard lots of wonderful things about Christopher. Music to my ears.

After that Chris took me to Sabrina and Dave's house for the weekend. (Sabrina is Margaret and Norm's second daughter.) They and their two sons, Alex and Brett, made me so welcome that it brings tears to my eyes. The boys are so like Scott and Chris were at their ages, and Sabrina and I noted the likeness a lot together. One minute they were fighting; the next they were best friends. They do outgrow it, Sabrina! In our board game, "Sorry," Alex was the big winner.

Den returned from the Lake fishing trip Sunday afternoon and picked me up. Monday he left very early to return to Chicago and is in San Jose this week on business.

Chris and I picked Shirley up from the airport on Monday afternoon. Today the home healthcare IV infusion nurse came and put the shunt in my arm for this round of the Solumedrol treatment. My new doctor/nurse Shirley had lots of experience with this sort of thing and filled in for Rose who was still in Chicago. Her experience was with a cat that she kept alive with IV therapy and a lot of love. Her experience is still current, I am happy to report.

Later in the afternoon, we picked Rose up at the airport, shopped for some birthday party stuff, and now we're about to do the next IV drip. After that, It's out to the Abbott's to visit with them and with Pete and Janet who arrived today.

Arrangements for the party are well in hand, I am told. It's hard for a person like me who so loves to do to sit idly by while all this preparation is done around me. I tell them it's my party, and I'll do as I want to, but they're stronger than me right now.

That Rose, she is always wanting to add Bush jokes here, but this time I won't let her. I do wonder where she's exposed to this kind of stuff.







No comments: