Wednesday, August 25, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


Hello, from St. Louis once again. I came home from the Lake on Sunday evening with the Cullinanes who dropped me at Chris and Shelly's. I spent the night there Sunday and Monday. Chris and I picked Rose up at the airport on Tuesday afternoon. Storms delayed the flight for about 45 minutes. Rose was lugging her notebook computer home for Chris to fix. He called early this morning to report he has it going. Now she has to lug it back to Chicago next trip. I thought these things were portable?

Sabrina and family returned from vacation over the weekend. She sent this e-mail update about their trip:

---Hello Ladies,We returned tonight from Wisconsin and are happy to be home. We picked up our little black girl baby (Lucy) on our way. Before I forget them, I wanted to share some of the things Alex said while we were on vacation.Seems he is getting to be a "tween". That's the term used for those children who are between being little children and teenagers. We were riding in the car and Brett was repeating everything Alex said. So, Alex told him if he didn't stop he was going to "slap him into the middle of next week!". I said, "Where in the world did you learn that?", and he swears that's what I have said to him. Although I don't remember saying it, I am certain I did, since that's what my mother used to say to me. He also told us not to "chime in". He says he got that term from his dad.We were looking for a place to stay around Sturgeon Bay, but alas, there were "no vacationcies". That's Alex's term for "no vacancy". We found a place to stay outside of Milwaukee, and the boys loved it because we had Nintendo in the room! Dave and I were, of course, wishing we were some place without such technologies. Anyway, at breakfast this morning, Alex wanted to get some coffee. After sipping his coffee, he asked if coffee was a "required" taste like beer. Guess you can figure out he meant "acquired". We had to go to Burger King for lunch. I personally detest Burger King, but Alex said he wished he had a "life supply" of that fresh Burger King food. Brett's feeling better. Only thing seeming to bother him now is his ear. It hurts when he eats. If he isn't better by Monday I will call the Dr. Aunt Sue you will like this: Alex has taken to calling Brett "Goody Two Shoes". Alex picked up on that name when he was watching a movie, and I was afraid he would start saying that was Brett's name, and sure enough, he did. Doesn't seem to bother Brett much, he just "tattle tales" on Alex whenever Alex calls him that. It was a good vacation, though. I bought a new digital camera and will post the pictures to the internet and send you the link. Alex took many of them. Love to all, Bebe--

In true Greenwood style, I am to report that Scott is much better. I got the following e-mail from Jalen who, Scott said, typed it totally by himself, did all the spelling, punctuation, and content without input from anyone:

"Dear Granny I have ben planing seeing you but my mom wolunt let me so I am going to see you some day and how is Sam doing ? and call Jamil to see how he is doing and Brayden is not well becuse his ear as stuf coming out and I Love you Love Jalen and Brayden and your son Scott"

See, Jalen is already writing in true Greenwood fashion.

Scott said the baby is getting only drops in his ear for his problem.

Today Margaret goes back to her surgeon for a checkup. No report yet on her visit.

At noon today I have my healing touch therapy session and tomorrow is physical therapy day.

Everthing is set up for our trip to Chicago right after Labor Day. I will see the oriental doctor/accupuncturist three times during the visit. Depending on how that goes, I may start going regularly.

We have been very mindful that it was four years ago that Bob died. It hardly seems that long, especially as the loss still feels so new.

Shirley stayed in Chicago for a few days to make a retreat. She is always the one who does the grocery shopping here. As we have ZERO fresh Burger King food, Rose and I will have go shopping this afternoon.




No comments: