Monday, August 30, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


It's been a while since we updated this blob. I just talked with Margaret Anne who seems to be improving greatly every day. She sounds like herself again. Norman had a stress test last week and is waiting for the results. He went for his regular check-up, and this is part of that check-up.

Margaret talks with Mary Pauline regularly. Mary Pauline is better. After she sees the doctor this week, she hopes to go back to work. Sally is back driving the school bus.

Pete and Janet called Saturday morning. They are planning on caravaning through Mexico unless the price of gas "under the current %$&*#*%@ administration" makes it unaffordable. Pete hadn't heard much from Joe lately so thought he might be "politicking." Rose and I had dinner with Chris and Shelly Friday night at an oyster bar. We had crab legs and a lot of other delicious stuff. I had to laugh because Chris sat there eating everything, including raw oysters. In his place, Scott would have gone hungry. Brayden, however, would have sampled everything there with Chris' gusto.

Yesterday was "Super Kids' Sunday" for Scott and his boys. That means the boys get to have a great time, and Scott probably gets very tired. They went to the Kentucky State Fair in Lexington.

Shirley arrived home Saturday afternoon. She is under the weather, probably a bad allergic reaction to ragweed, mold, pollen, dander, etc. I had a touch of those dreaded shingles yesterday, but today I'm much better. In general, I am getting stronger. I do the tread mill at least 15 minutes every day and the bicycle, at least ten minutes. Much to Rose's joy, I've gained a few pounds, and am up to 120 1/2 pounds. However, my hands are no better which of course drives me crazy. Keep praying!

Mark sent this update in answer to my inquiry about how he is progressing from "his cycling injuries:

"Slow. Saw the doctor last week, he thought things looked good, I wasn't that encouraged. There is still a gap where the bone broke, he basically said take it easy, keep your arm in a sling. don't do anything and come back and see me in a month. I was hoping to be rehabbing by now, my arm is getting thinner and my belly bigger!

How are you doing? I've been reading your blog, I assume not much change or it would be noted.

we'll have to have lunch sometime.

love, Mark"

Rose has taken up bicycling, riding about ten miles every day, especially through the revamped Forest Park which is about three miles from here. It is so beautiful there that she plans on taking some photos and putting them on the Blog. She regularly rides past the Boat House which she didn't know existed until Mark took Brayden, Jalen, and me for lunch there one day. We plan to take Pete and Janet there when they are in town.

Den will be in town on Thursday for the Labor Day Weekend which we will spend at the Lake. Chris and Shelly, Scott and sons, Doug and Suzanne and children, Maddog, and Mark Goldman will be there with us. Possibly Mike and Stacey Derrington will be there. Mike has been serving in Afghanistan and is due back for a leave this week.

Wednesday I see Dr. Dooley. We'll update after that appointment.


No comments: