Friday, May 18, 2007

I had another hospital visit since my last posting. It was just my monthly IVIG overnight stay on Monday night. I had spent Sunday - Mother's Day - at Chrs and Shelly's and was treated royally. Of course I heard from Scott, too.

Rose came back from Chicago Tuesday afternoon, picked me up at the hospital, and we proceeded to the airport to pick up Sandi FeLLin. The only bad thing about thing her visit was that it was much too short. She and I went down to the lake house Wednesday morning. She had never been there before. We sat in the sun, visited with the neighbors, chatted, enjoyed each other and the view. We made lots of plans for our family get together coming up this summer - more details will be posted and sent in the coming weeks. Sandi is one organized woman.

Wednesday evening we had the pleasure of seeing Joe Felin. He came up from Springfield and we had dinner at my favorite restaurant. The waiter overheard us talking about Joe's birthday being the following day. Soon our waiter and busboy brought a cake with a candle lit and wished him a happy birthday. Sandi promised Joe breakfast in bed on his actual birthday Thursday but we couldn't talk him in to spending the night.

Sandi and I got up Thursday and went around the lake area checking RV parks, camping sites, and cabin rentals. We found some great potentials and will get the information out soon because they all said everything fills up fast after Memorial Day. I'll have room for several at the lakehouse but hopefully we will have a large crowd. A large crowd is what Sandi and I are planning on. We got home late yesterday afternoon and we told Rose we were assigning her the duty of making pies. She said she had better get started right away since she has never made one and has no idea how long it will take her.

Rose, Sandi, and I went out to dinner last night. Shirley had a class and couldn't join us. Rose and I took Sandi to the airport this morning. Again, her visit was much too short.

Bernie and Maudie, you did a wonderful job raising her. She doesn't drink, swear, or eat sweets. Where did I go wrong?

Bernie and Maudie's grandson in Portland, Or. and Margaret and Norm's grandson in Troy, MO. and Pete and Janet's grandaughter in Idaho Falls, ID. are all graduating this spring. Congratulations to the graduates.

No comments: