Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I'm here at the hospital and it is a very busy place. It's a teaching hospital and seems to be very up-to-date on research in many fields.

I'm wired all over my head with electrodes and hooked to electricity and colored wires. There's a camera on me at all times. Rose and I have really been watching our mouths cause we don't know if the camera has sound or not. My head is all wrapped in gauze and tape to hold the electrodes in place. I'm not allowed to shower or wash my hair until this test is over, hopefully very soon.

The neurologists have taken me off all of my seizure medicine to try to induce seizures. The electrodes will point out what part of the brain is causing the seizures. When they determine what part is causing the seizures they will look at options for control or elimination of them. Medication is one option but I haven't done too well on that.

I've had lots of attention since I got here yesterday. Rose is, of course, hovering. Margaret and Joe have called both days. Scott, Chris, and Goldman check on me often. My friend, Mary Myers, who has spent literally years in hospitals and knows how boring and lonely it can be, calls frequently to cheer me up.

On a happier note, Sandi FeLLin will be here next Tuesday for a few days. The "old aunts" are really looking forward to her visit.

Scott took Brayden to Churchill Downs today because he had some bets to collect. There were races going on when they got there and Brayden had no concept of races, horses, and betting. His association with horses was when Aunt Shelly took him to ride her horse. Scott said they got there, Brayden looked around, and asked "Dad, can I just ride with you on your horse?"

Shirley left for Chicago this morning. Her sister Loretta, niece Yvonne, and great niece Savannah are going up from Louisiana tomorrow or Friday for a visit. Savannah is walking, talking, dancing, and entertaining. I'm sure she will have a busy weekend.

No comments: